General Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contact
Article 1. (Scope of Application)
- Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
Article 2.(Application for Accommodation Contract)
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars.
- Name of the Guest(s);
- Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
- Accommodation charges (based in principle on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No. 1)
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
- If Guests request to extend their stay, during their stay, beyond the date in subparagraph (b.) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Article 3.(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit (For example, you need to pay 3 days accommodation fee if you stay for 3 days.) set by the Hotel within the limits of Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charge to be paid by the Guest, secondly for cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for reparations under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment for accommodation as stated in Article 12.
- If the Guest fails to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of Payment of the deposit is specified.
Article 4. (Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as though the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 5.(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts) The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances.
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- When the Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
- When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is a member of an organized crime group, under Article 2-6 of Law on Preventing Unreasonable Conduct by Organized Crime Groups (Code 77 issued in 1991), or a related party, under Article 2-2 of said law.
- When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when the person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
- When the Hotel and/or hotel staff are violently threatened or unreasonably burdened by the Guest.
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
- When the person requesting Hotel accommodation violates article 6 of the ordinance of Yamanashi prefecture.
Article 6.(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- If the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of payment of cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest
- If the Guest does not appear by 09:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without advance notice (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified before), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Article 7.(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Hotel)
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When the Guest is deemed liable for conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation
- When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is a member of an organized crime group;
- a member of an organized crime group, other antisocial forces.
- a corporation of a group of an organized crime group or others.
- a corporation that is included an officer member of an organized crime group.
1.3 When the person requesting Hotel accommodation could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests;
1.4 When the Guest can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease;
1.5 When the Hotel and/or Hotel staff suffers from violent threat or unreasonable burden from the Guest. Or, when it is acknowledged that similar activity has occurred in the past;
1.6 When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
1.7 When the person requesting Hotel accommodation violates the prefectural ordinance
1.8 When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampers with fire-fighting facilities and otherwise breaches Hotel Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid causing fires).
- If the Hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not charge the Guest for any of the services during the contractual period he/she has not received.
Article 8. (Registration)
- The Guest shall register the following particulars the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
- Date and estimated time of departure;
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
- When guests would like to pay the fee of the Article 12 instead of using credit cards or cash, it has to be shown it for us before register the Article 8 – 1.
Article 9.(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 16:00 p.m. on the day of arrival to 11:00 a.m on the day of departure However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy the guest room all day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- Regardless of Article 9-1. we may permit using the room on out of hours. In this case, we charge extra fee for using the room, as belows.
2.1 Before check-in : usually this is not available
2.2 After check-out : we charge 3,000 Yen per one hour (up to noon)
- If the guests would like to extend noon, we charge 100% of the accommodation fee.
- If next day is fully booked, we may not permit extend to use their room. Please understand this rule.
Article 10.(Observance of Hotel Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Hotel Regulations established by the Hotel. Hotel Regulations are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Article 11. (Business Hours)
The business hours of the Hotel main facilities are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided. Also we restrict the certain no-entry area in this temple, these are as follows.
<Business Hours of this temple>
- – The main hall of this temple : 06:00 a.m to 05:00 p.m
- – The precincts of this temple : 24 hours open
<No-entry area of this temple>
- – Cemetery of this temple
- – Living spaces of the family
Article 12.(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- The explanation of accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No. 1
- Accommodation charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid at place or method that is selected by this hotel at the time of the Guest’s departure or upon request by the Hotel in Japanese currency or credit cards and so on.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him/her by the Hotel.
Article 13.(Liabilities of the Hotel)
- Our responsibility of our accommodation terms starts when the guests register of accommodation or get into their room, whichever comes earlier. And it finishes when the guest leave their room.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
Article 14.(Handling when Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- The Hotel Shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest. In this case, if the accommodation fee of the another hotel exceeds our accommodation fee, we will pay the difference.
- When arrangement of other accommodation can not be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel will not compensate the Guest
Article 15.(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to a maximum of 50,000 yen.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables brought onto the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the Front Desk. However, if guest do not tell us the contents and prices of the valuables beforehand, we compensate the guests up to a maximum 50,000 Yen except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of our fault.
Article 16.(Storage of baggage or portable items for guests)
- If the guest’s baggage arrives at the hotel prior to the accommodation, it will be stored responsibly only when the hotel approves it before the arrival and will be handed over when the guest checks in at the reception.
- After guests check-out, in case their belongings or valuables are left in this temple, we try to make a contact with the guests and ask what should we do if these are found out the owner.
- In terms of the responsibility of the belongings and valuables that is written in Article 16-2. in case Article 16-1, we adapt this article. However, we adapt Article 16-2 in case of preceding items.
Article 17.(Liability in Regard to Parking)
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regards to the management of the parking lot.
Article 18.(Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through intent or negligence on part of the Guest.
Article 19. (Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws)
Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation Contract will be resolved in the Tokyo District Court in the jurisdiction of the Hotel and in accordance with Japanese law.
Attached table No.1 (Calculation method of our accommodation fee)
|Total accommodation fee, that should be paid by guests.||Accommodation fee||Basic accommodation fee|
|Incidental fee||Additional cultural experience fee|
|Tax||Consumption tax etc…|
- Accommodation fee is depends on the each price list that is post on each website of booking.
- These fees are probably changed by many situations in Japan, such as changing law or economic situation. Regarding under 3 years old children, accommodation fee is free even if he/she needs or does not need their bed. It takes 100% of accommodation fee as same as adult if he/she is over 4 years old, but it is free if he/she dose not need own bed only 4 or 5 year’s old children.
- In case of using over the certain capacity of one room by guests, it is possible to sleep with one child in one bed. However, the child should be in the range of child accommodation fee.
Attached table No 2.
|7 days before||5 days before||The day / No show|
1. this percentage is the rate of penalty. Whereas if other cancel policy that is based on our other partner company is exceed this ratio, we would receive the price.
2. In this case if guest shorten their accommodation days regardless of the days, we can charge penalty. (If guest shorten 2 days accommodation, we can charge 2 days penalty)